Pop Culture Princess

Pop Culture Princess
especially welcome to extensive readers

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

When pop culture and major historical events collide



I don't intend to get political on this blog,believing in the right of folks to be able to agree to disagree. However,the way that I found out about one of the biggest moments in American History was thru a pop culture venue,therefore making it fair game to talk about here.

I was watching the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert election night special,Indecision '08,figuring it would be a good long while before any conclusive results on the presidential race would be in. The show was pretty funny(haven't watched either the Daily Show or the Colbert Report in a while,so this was a decent way to catch up) so at 11:00,when this announcement was made,I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not:



After I quickly changed the channel to discover that,yes,it was true,I flipped back to Indecision '08 and caught the end skit,which was totally hysterical. No doubt some of the press are feeling a little topsy turvy at the moment,with this whole big media circus coming to such a dramatic conclusion:





Yes,I am very happy about the outcome and full of positive energy and hope about the state of the nation but also hope that all of the bad feelings that this lengthy electoral process has engendered will be finally laid to rest.

Let us all put aside our differences and be happy that we can celebrate this incredible moment in time with each other. Let's sing of happy,not sad for just once:

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I found out via internet. (Lol, "Why aren't you wearing pants?!") Oh I love that song. It was one of my favorite Sesame Street songs when I was a kid.