Pop Culture Princess

Pop Culture Princess
especially welcome to extensive readers

Friday, March 06, 2009

Your wish is granted-long live Godmother!



I just finished reading Carolyn Turgeon's Godmother last night and am very happy to be able to give someone else the joy of reading it for the first time.

The book is a beautifully bittersweet tribute to lost love and the power of imagination,with vivid descriptions of the charms of New York City that make it seem as glowing as the fairy kingdom that Lil so longs to return to.

Thank you to everyone who entered this contest;the response has been amazing and overwhelming and I wish that I could give all of you a copy. However,as with the Highlander,there can be only one-therefore, the winner is (heralds lined up at the door,blowing their horns in ceremonial announcement tune)..........

BRIDGET 3420!...(pixie dust flies thru the air,the crowds cheer and applaud). Congratulations,Bridget and I hope you like the book as much I have been doing this week. To claim your prize,please e-mail me at livingreadgirl@yahoo.com and send me a mailing address that I can pass on to the good folks at Three Rivers Press,who will ship out a copy of Godmother to you.



As a consultation prize of sorts,I'm rounding out this post with a few selected Cinderella related clips. Based on the popular preferences made by many of the comments received, my wish is that there is at least something for just about everyone to delight in and put you in a good frame of mind for the weekend. Enjoy!:

DISNEY GOES INTO THE WOODS



MAKING PARTY PREPARATIONS POSSIBLE



A SHOUTOUT TO THE STEPMOTHER....



....AND ONE FOR THE STEPSISTERS AS WELL



ELLA ENCHANTING FOLKS MUSICALLY LONG BEFORE THE OSCARS

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

Congrats to the winner! Thanks for the clips :) I haven't seen some of these so I've got to get them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for highlighting this book with a giveaway - this is the first I've heard of it and it sounds like it will be a good one.