Pop Culture Princess

Pop Culture Princess
especially welcome to extensive readers

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the bookstore...



Today,it will be revealed who will get to publish the "new" version of O.J. Simpson's "If I Did It". Yes, like a bad rip-off of a George Romero film,this tasteless tome is crawling out of it's hastly buried grave to lumber into bookstores and online retailers across the land. According to the latest PR release,portions of the sales of the book(from the publisher,literary agent and the Goldman family)will be given to the Ron Goldman Foundation for Justice.

That's all very well and good,I suppose,but if it was me,I would much rather lock the book up and not permit it to be published in either OJ's lifetime or my own,since he can't be retried due to double jeopardy. Even with the wraparound commentary added in,it's still going to be a pretty unpleasant book to put on the shelves. I'd rather donate $25 or $30 directly to the foundation rather than own a copy of a book I would not give to my worst enemy.

"Oh,come on,now! Aren't you being a bit melodramtic there,Lady T? Surely,there are much more offensive things out there in the world than this!" No argument there,but I don't have to spend my money on them or take them home with me. Perhaps I am taking this all too seriously. Maybe I should find a way to shake my revulsion off with the best medicine of all,humor!

Let's see,what's good for a laugh that has some pretty objectionable content?

CHECK OUT THIS DICTATOR OF RAP!



HILLARY DUFF'S HISTORY LESSON



GO SHOPPING AT THE MIND OF MENCIA



THE INQUISITION,WHAT A SHOW!



THE TRUTH ABOUT LINCOLN ?



Well,I feel somewhat better after all of that. Guess it's best to just accept that the OJ book will be out there,like it or not. Some people will buy it,others not and maybe some day in long,long distant future,we may even get a very guilty giggle out of the whole mess. Tragedy plus time equals comedy,as the old saying goes. I do think,however,that it's going to be another century atleast before any of this "If I Did It" drama is in any way amusing.

Here's one last laugh for the road:

No comments: