Pop Culture Princess

Pop Culture Princess
especially welcome to extensive readers

Friday, September 07, 2007

Do you like comics as much as Jesus Hates Zombies? Well,then you're in luck!



My younger sister is a budding cartoonist who not only has a couple of online strips( The Original Nutty Funsters and Expletive Deleted)but she also contributes artwork and stories to others,which is how I was introduced to Jesus Hates Zombies. Stephen Lindsey is the mastermind behind this concept and has gathered other artists to his cause,resulting in a collection of what Johnny Carson used to call"really wild stuff".


Granted,this is not for the faint of heart or for folks who look away from the movie screen during the best parts of a scary movie but if you like a good mix of humor and horror,JHZ should hit the spot. There's alot of damn good artwork displayed here as well and some pretty funny writing. If you want to see some sample pages of the upcoming limited edition anthology, Those Slack Jaw Blues,you can just go right here for that.



Of course,I'm partial to my sister's contribution to the collection,We Need A Hero,which I think fans of William Katt should particularly enjoy,but to be fair and balanced,I also have to put in a good word for Lauren Mondardo's I'm With Stupid,which is beautifully done and has plenty of good jokes to boot( she has some great renditions of Batman Villians at her ComicSpace site,too).

Joel Cook's Rest Home has a really great visual style that caught my eye and it turns out that he has a couple of mini movies,too,like The Shaolin Redneck,which would fit right in on CMT.

The anthology is being printed up as we speak and if any of this has whetted your appetite for zombie fun,please put in your pre-order at the JHZ website ASAP. Don't miss out on having your own ticket to a great Grindhouse multifeature film fest of the mind. I'm just as sure of that as I am of the fact that dogs can look up:

2 comments:

Robin Brande said...

Oh, my gosh, this sounds GREAT! And how exciting that your sister is part of it! Thanks for highlighting this--I must get a copy!!!

lady t said...

Thanks,Robin-from what I hear,copies are selling fast so place your order fast:D!